Gutter often time receives a bad reputation. They are oftentimes seen as a not so important part of the roofing system. While your gutter system may not be as expensive as your roof, they are certainly a very important aspect of your home’s protection. Properly working gutters in Vancouver help to prolong the life of your roof, discourage mosquitos, as well as help to maintain the value of your home. There are a few signs to consider when making the decision to repair or replace your gutter system. If you decide to replace them, there are a litany of styles and types of gutters in Vancouver that you can choose from. Eventually, all gutters will need to be replaced or repaired. However, there are preventative maintenance measures that you can take to help to prolong their lifespan. If you are interested in learning more about gutters in Vancouver, give one of the top-rated roofing companies in Vancouver a call to schedule your free estimate today.
Different Types of Gutters in Vancouver
Most people do not pay attention to the type of gutters that is on their home. That is until it is time to repair or replace them. Gutters can be made of a variety of materials to include vinyl, aluminum, and stainless steel. In addition, the style of gutter that you choose will have a major impact on their effectiveness as well as your budget. Listed below are the three most popular styles of gutters in Vancouver. If you have questions about styles not listed, give our team a call and we will be happy to discuss alternative options that are available.
- K-Style: They are called K-Style gutters, due to their unique design. These gutter are very popular. They are well known for their ability to fit the design of most roofs. They are one of the most popular styles due to their affordability and aesthetic appeal.
- Sectional Gutters: Just as the name would suggest, sectional gutters are installed in sections. In years past, this style of gutter has been popular. This is due to their ease of installation as well as cost-effectiveness. One con attributed to sectional gutters is that each connection point represents an area of potential vulnerability.
- Seamless Gutters: This type of gutter is manufactured and installed as one piece. There are no additional connection points, which allows seamless gutters to be more durable. However, if there is damage to it, you may have to replace the entire gutter system as opposed to one section.
Repairing Vs. Replacing Your Gutters in Vancouver
It can be difficult to decide whether or not you will replace your gutters or simply repair them. In some cases, a repair will be all that you need. Common instances that require a repair consists of localized leaks, a few cracks that can be sealed, or a few loose hangers. These issues can easily be fixed by a reputable roofer in Vancouver. The decision to replace your gutters should be made if you are dealing with the following issues: fully detached/sagging gutters, multiple cracks or leaks, rust, ineffective gutters, buckling, etc. Though some issues are eventually inevitable, if you take a few precautionary steps, you may be able to prolong the life of your gutters and potentially avoid costly repairs.
Preventative Gutter Maintenance
Unless you are comfortable with climbing on to the roof of your home and self inspecting your gutters in Vancouver, it is recommended that you have your roofer check your gutters during your annual roof inspection. Listed below are some preventative maintenance actions that you can take to ensure the effectiveness of your gutters long terms.
- Keep your gutters clear from debris
- Regularly check for leaks, cracks, and rust
- Clear potential hazards like tree branches, bird nests, etc.
- Schedule annual roof inspections
Working With a Roofing Company in Vancouver
Your gutters play an integral role in the health of your roof. If they are not in top condition, they can cause you to make repairs and/or replace your roof much sooner than you would have to otherwise. The best way to ensure that your gutters in Vancouver are regularly checked is to schedule annual roofing inspections with a reputable roofing company. While there are a few things that you can inspect from the ground level, it is best to have a professional roofer to look at your gutters with a professionally trained eye. If your gutters are showing signs of wear and tear or are not performing as well as they should be, give the contractors at the top-rated roofing company in Vancouver a call to schedule your free estimate today.