Are you contemplating a new roof in Vancouver? You are not alone. Each year, more than 5 million Americans opt for a roof replacement. Having your roof replaced is a large undertaking that will require a lot of thought, planning, and coordination. Fortunately, a reputable roofing contractor can help you to decide if you need a new roof in Vancouver or a replacement. They can also be instrumental in helping you to choose the best materials that fit into your budget. Though a new roof can seem like an expense, it can offer a positive return on investment (ROI). This is typically true if you choose your materials and contractors wisely. If you are in the market for a new roof in Vancouver, give our experts at the number one roofing company in Vancouver a call to schedule your free estimate today.
Do You Need a New Roof in Vancouver?
Choosing to have a new roof in Vancouver installed is not always an easy decision. Before you come to the conclusion of having your roof replaced, it is best that you are sure that this is what you need. In some cases, you may just require repair. In other instances, a new roof in Vancouver is necessary. Listed below are the most common signs that it is time to get a roof replacement.
- Cracked or missing shingles: If your shingles are cracked and/or missing, this may be a telltale sign that it’s time to get a new roof in Vancouver. Shingles that are not well kept and in good condition can lead to leaks and cause other vulnerabilities in your roofing system.
- Signs in your attic: While conventional knowledge would say to check the outside of your roof, your attic will be able to tell you a lot about whether or not it is time for a new roof. If you are able to see sunlight coming through your roof in your attic or you can see “water stains” from leaks, it may be time for a roof replacement.
- Sagging or drooping roof: When the entire roof or major portions of it are sagging, it is important to contact a reputable roofing contractor ASAP. A drooping roof can be dangerous.
- Ponding water: In some cases, ponding water may be a sign of a gutter system in need of repair. In other instances, it could be due to divets in your roof. If it is the latter, it may be a sign that it is time for a new roof in Vancouver.
- You notice moss or algae: While this does not typically cause structural damage, it can be rather unsightly and be a cause for a devaluation of the value of your home. It is not recommended to power wash it off, as it may negatively affect the granules on your shingles.
Choosing the Right Materials For Your New Roof in Vancouver
Making the choice to get a new roof in Vancouver in step number one. Then you must pick a budget and find the right contractor. Next, the materials that you pick will have a major effect on the look of your home, its value, and cost. Some of the more common roofing materials include metal, asphalt shingles, slate, and wood shake shingles. Each roofing material comes with its own set of pros and cons. It is best to consult with your roofing contractor in Vancouver before you make your final determination. Your choice will be dictated by a number of factors such as budget, HOA requirements, climate, personal choice, etc.
Hiring an Experienced Roofing Contractor
As previously mentioned, hiring an experienced roofer is perhaps the most important step in ensuring that your new roof in Vancouver is successfully installed. When researching roofing contractors in Vancouver, it is imperative that you pay close attention to their recent reviews. In addition, ensure that you ask to see proof of their license (if required), insurance, and successfully completed past projects. Furthermore, schedule two to three estimates with multiple companies. This will help you to make a well-informed decision. Though choosing a contractor that offers the lowest price seems like a good idea, in many instances, it is not. Ensure that you choose the roofing contractor that will provide you will excellent service, fair pricing, and great workmanship. If you are interested in learning more about installing a new roof in Vancouver, give our experts a call to schedule your free estimate today.