Though some roofing materials last for a notoriously long time, no roof lasts forever. If you are in the midst of deciding on a roof replacement, do not fret. Millions of Americans make this same decision each year. In some instances, it may seem like you are saving money by “holding off” on your replacement. However, the costs associated with keeping an inefficient roof in place may prove to be far greater in the long run. It is important to recognize the signs that point to you needing a roof replacement in Vancouver. Neglecting to replace your roof in a timely manner can result in a devaluation of your home, increased utility bills and can possibly be dangerous.
In order to avoid these potential pitfalls, it is recommended that you connect with a reputable roofing contractor in Vancouver. This is perhaps the most important step in the roof replacement process. When you work with an experienced contractor they can help you decide between repair and replacement, choose the right materials and help you to stay in budget. If you are interested in learning more about getting a roof replacement in Vancouver, give the premier roofing company in Vancouver a call to schedule your free estimate today.
Signs That it’s Time to Get a Roof Replacement in Vancouver
Sometimes, it is obvious that you need a roof replacement in Vancouver. In other instances, you may need a trained roofer to closely inspect your roof to make a determination. Listed below, are some of the more common signs that it’s time to ditch your old roof and move forward with a new one.
- Noticeable Sagging: Not only is a sagging roof unappealing, but it is also dangerous. If you notice drooping or sagging on any part of your roof, call a roofing contractor ASAP.
- Past Expected Lifespan: With proper upkeep, some roofs can last well beyond their expected lifespan. However, just because they look good on the outside does not mean that they do not have structural damage. Ensure that you schedule annual roof inspections to ensure that your roof is up to par.
- Trapped Moisture: When a roof has cracks or other vulnerabilities that allow moisture in, it can cause many issues. Some of those include mold, mildew as well as rot.
- Leaks: In some cases, a leak can be repaired. However, when there are multiple leaks or there is a particularly large one, it may be a sign that it is time for a roof replacement in Vancouver.
- Curled Shingles: When your shingles begin to deteriorate, it can cause all types of other issues. Not to mention how unsightly they can be.
Benefits of a Roof Replacement in Vancouver
Some homeowners view a roof replacement in Vancouver as an added expense. However, there are real benefits associated with having a new roof installed. It will cost money to have your roof replaced, but much of the cost can be recouped via an increased value of your home and decreased utility bills. It is estimated that the average roof replacement increases the value of a home by almost $12,000. In addition to the financial benefits, a new roof can enhance the aesthetics of your home.
Finding the Right Roofing Contractor
Finding the right roofing contractor in Vancouver is the first step in a successful roof replacement. Remember, your roof protects everything and every person within your home. Thus, it is recommended that you only work with a trusted and reputable roofing contractor when you opt for a roof replacement in Vancouver. When searching for a contractor, it is important that you conduct an ample amount of independent research. In addition, ensure that they have the proper licenses and insurance. Additionally, ensure that you schedule multiple estimates before you choose your roofer. Do not choose solely based on price. Take into account their experience, reviews, and customer service as well.
What to Expect During the Roofing Process
A roof replacement in Vancouver is a complex undertaking that can involve a team of contractors, city approvals, planning, etc. However, the process itself will only take a few days to complete (aside from inclement weather or other delays in construction). When your roof is being replaced, you can expect construction level noise during the day. If this is not a problem for you, you can stay in your home while it is being completed. Furthermore, there will typically be a crew on-site as well as a rollback dumpster for debris. If you are interested in learning more about getting a roof replacement in Vancouver, give the experts at the number one roofing company in Vancouver a call to schedule your free estimate today.